Monday, August 28, 2006

Top 20

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
Neil Young - I'm the Ocean
U2 - In God's Country
Everlong - Foo Fighters
The Samples - The Lost Children (A Slow Motion Crash)

The Cranberries - Salvation
The Clash - London's Burning
Crosby Stills Nash and Young - Carry On
Oingo Boingo - Stay
The Beatles - Any Time at All


The Januaries - Juliette
Hombres - Let It Out (Let It All Hang Out)
Simon and Garfunkle - A Simple Desultory Philippic
(Or How I Was Robert McNamara'd Into Submission)
Cracker - Low
REM - Boxcars (Carnival of Sorts)


Love Spit Love - It Hurts When I Laugh
Smashing Pumpkins - Stand Inside Your Love
The Cure - From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
The Dandy Warhols - You Were the Last High
The Byrds - My Back Pages
From my last trip down south - fourth in the series "The Road is Where You Are." I originally determined that I'm the Ocean and From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea would both be going on this one because they are both long songs and I usually don't put long tracks on this. They'd both been considered for other volumes in the series, and rejected. It helped that they tapped into similar themes. After that I just slide in the rest of the tracks around them.

For those curious - I've put out 4 volumes of road music - REM and the Byrds have appeared on each CD, a tradition I intend to continue. The Beatles have appeared on 3 CDs. Tori Amos, Belle & Sebastian, The Clash, The Cranberries, Dandy Warhols, Bob Dylan, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, The Psychedelic Furs, Radiohead, Simon And Garfunkel, Smashing Pumpkins, U2, and Neil Young have appeared on 2 CDs.

No comments: