Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Michael Savage

I don't pay much attention to Michael Savage - I know who he is and I know he says a lot of ugly things, but since I don't follow his radio show, he's not really on my radar. But as I was skimming through Media Matters, I saw two comments of his, that show his warped mindset pretty clearly. First, domestically, here's his thoughts on the Voter Rights Act reauthorization.
I don't really know what they mean by reaffirming the Voting Rights Act. Do they mean they're going to put a chad in every crack house? What are they going to do -- spend 10 billion dollars to make sure they have voting machines in crack houses.
Moving on to foreign policy, here's what he thinks about the crisis in the Middle East.
They're [Israel] going to lose, it's as simple as that. The same way we're losing in Iraq, they're going to lose in Lebanon, in the big picture now. I don't mean in the short term. In the long term, the only thing that can make a difference is a devastating, catastrophic, overwhelming victory for the Israelis, where nothing is left living in southern Lebanon, south of the Litani River.
You know I'm starting to think Mr. Savage might be a wee bit racist.

No comments: