Friday, August 24, 2007

Rush Limbaugh Speaks

I referenced this yesterday; these are Rush Limbaugh's thoughts on how American Blacks and Hispanics look at the American Justice system.
When he says no dog deserves to be mistreated, and blacks and Hispanics don't deserve to represent a majority -- do you think, Mr. Hayes, that who ends up in prison is because of a lottery based on prejudice and race? I guess they do. They cannot possibly think that, Snerdley. So you're telling me that a large percentage of the African-American population in this country believes that who ends up going to prison is a lottery, and you're more likely to get picked and sent to jail if you're black because this is still 200 years ago and slavery is still running rampant and this is how it's manifesting itself?

Well, I'll tell you what, that's pretty sad and it's no wonder these people are continually upset and angry.
How could Rush Limbaugh come to this insulting and frankly insane opinion? Well according to him racism is over.
It's a tricky thing to say I can't understand it. I know everything there is to know about slavery and I know and I have seen in my younger life blatant racism right in front of my eyes. It's not a stranger to me. What I also see is that those days don't exist anymore except in the minds and the imagination of people who for some reason can't let go of it because it entitles them to be victims or whatever. There are plenty of successful, wowie zowie successful, black people in this country who have abandoned that way of thinking.
The existence of a few successful black people doesn't prove that racism is over. And, more to the point, doesn't address the structural injustices in our legal system. But I suppose he's not interested in addressing that.

No comments: