Monday, June 09, 2003

When Savages Attack!

You may or may not have heard of Radio/TV personality Michael Savage. He's a right wing radio guy who has adopted a novel technique in winning the American people over to his side. He's sueing those who disagree with his views. In particular, he's suing takebackthemedia.com, as well as Savagestupidity.com and michaelsavagesucks.com.

I just want to let you know that we at Make Me a Commentator!!! refuse to be cowed by such ham handed techniques. Although I haven't critiqued Savage's show or ideas as of yet, I can assure I will in the future, as and when I encounter them.

In a sign of good common sense, he did not, in fact, sue "Takebackthemedia.com" but instead he sued the founder wife. The Founder commented, "It's harassment pure and simple -- going after my wife instead of the Take Back The Media, a California corporation is sleazy. But it's the kind of thing I'd expect from this clown. It's either intentional or a stupid mistake by the lawyers he's hired. The other sites mention how his lawyers tried to take away their domain but screwed up the paperwork. They were laughing at them and it was kind of funny. Going after someone's wife? Real cute. As a Veteran (enlisted in 1971 during Vietnam) I fought for their right of free speech, but not their right to harass and intimidate and we will not back down."

No comments: