Monday, June 09, 2003

Responsible Advertising

I got an e-mail today from a company advertising that they could provide me any drug over the internet. According to their copy, "One of our US licensed physicians will write an FDA approved prescription for you and ship your order overnight via a US Licensed pharmacy direct to your doorstep, fast and secure!"

And the E-Mail tagline to entice me into reading this e-mail? "Are you a junky?" What??

This is irresponsible advertising of the worst kind. The company and people involved should be ashamed of themselves. I would imagine they are all in a room somewhere, dressed like seventies TV pimps (I don't know why I imagine them dressing this way, but why not?) reading this website and laughing at my naivete, but maybe one or two of them will be shaken and will decide to not push drugs.

No comments: