Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A brief pause

I'm not voting for Mitt Romney. I mean I wasn't before, but now I'm really really not voting for Mitt Romney.

Apparently Mitt Romney publically stated he wouldn't consider members of the Muslim Faith for cabinet positions.
I asked Mr. Romney whether he would consider including qualified Americans of the Islamic faith in his cabinet as advisers on national security matters, given his position that “jihadism” is the principal foreign policy threat facing America today. He answered, “…based on the numbers of American Muslims [as a percentage] in our population, I cannot see that a cabinet position would be justified. But of course, I would imagine that Muslims could serve at lower levels of my administration.”
So you get a position in the Romney campaign based not upon your qualifications but on how many people like you there are in the United States? Seems like a bad policy. And dubious, given that at least a portion of Romney's campaign is built around convincing evangelicals that they shouldn't judge him on his heretical (in their eyes) faith.

Got this from the Carpetbagger.

No comments: