Saturday, February 19, 2005

Your Weekly Rush - Family Values

Rush Limbaugh was crowing this week about breaking up a marriage. Apparently some dude called into a show on C-Span (one in which Ms. Ann Coulter was appearing, and this person said that his wife had left him because he refused to stop listening to Rush Limbaugh. According to the dude, "She told me that I had to choose between Rush Limbaugh and her and I wanted to listen to talk radio. I said, "This is a free country. I'll listen to anybody I want to," and she said, "Fine. You want to listen to Rush Limbaugh? Then the marriage is over," and the next thing I know, I get a letter saying that I have to go get a lawyer because she's divorcing me."

You know it's just possible that this person was justifying a divorce that happened on others grounds, by blaming it on Rush. I mean it wouldn't be the first time that happened would it?

Anyway apparently this dude's willingness to leave his wife for Rush is a sign of how his listeners are free willed, and not a sign that they are brainwashed dupes. Not sure I see it myself, but what do I know?

No comments: