Monday, December 10, 2007

Candidate Review - Electoral Reform - Mike Huckabee

Vertical Politics. I don't like the sound of it - because it makes me think of a hierarchical system - people at the top running what happens down below. But when Mike Huckabee uses the term, that's not what he means.
Everywhere I go on the campaign trail, I meet voters with a real thirst for a healthy discussion of the issues. Ultimately, people don't care whether an issue comes from the left or the right. What they want to talk about are ideas that lift America up and make us better. It's what I call "Vertical Politics" and it is why we felt it was so important to set a "Vertical Day" aside to focus on the issues.

One of the goals of Vertical Day, is to give you the ability to promote our campaign and my positions on the issues within your extended network of friends, family members and co-workers.
Hmmmm. So Vertical day is a day for people of all political creeds to get together and support Mike Huckabee? You know people say that Huckabee is an optimistic guy; I guess they are right.

Beyond that, however, unable to find comments on Campaign Finance Reform, Voting Machines or Electoral Reform. A few of his supporters take shots at McCain-Fiengold but other than that not much.

No comments: