Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Top 22

I have over 987 CDs. I don't say that to boast (well maybe just a little), just to say that the feature of doing a Friday list of ten songs that pop up on my I-Pod isn't practical. I also don't have an I-Pod come to think of it.

So I don't do a Friday Random 10. Which is too bad because it would be cool. However I am preparing for a trip tomorrow, so I put together a CD of rock and rock-like songs that would be enjoyable to listen to on the open road. So I thought I would post a list of the songs. Here it is.

Magic Numbers, "Forever Lost"
Live, "I Alone"

Nirvana, "Heart Shaped Box"
Jefferson Airplane, "Crown of Creation"

The Psychedelic Furs, "All That Money Wants"
Toad the Wet Sprocket, "Fall Down"

Counting Crows, "Four Days"
The Byrds, "She Don't Care About Time (Version 1)"

Morrissey "Billy Budd"
Smashing Pumpkins, "Pennies"

Caribou, "Hello Hammerheads"
Belle and Sebastian, "Jonathan David"

Radiohead, "Let Down"
Tori Amos, "Talula"
Pearl Jam, "No Way"
Oasis, "Wonderwall"

Megan Slankard, "Give Life"
The New Radicals, "Jehovah Made this Whole Joint for You"

Tom Petty, "Love Is A Long Road"
R.E.M., "Hyena"

Bob Dylan, "If Not For You"
Foo Fighters, "Big Me"


Anyway that gives you an insight into some of the songs I like. There aren't many obscurities - Pennies was on the Smashing Pumpkins CD Single Zero.

No comments: