Thursday, March 09, 2006

My Contract with America

I pledge to you this day to fix the problems caused by me. I will vigorously stamp out any foolish posts or boneheaded grammatical errors that I have the tendency to make. I'm not going to let myself get away with this kind of foolishness any longer. Rather I'm going to knuckle down and see that I turn out better, more productive posts. This is my pledge to you, my readers, that I will really ride herd over myself until this website lives up to it's potential.

This was inspired by an article by Tim Chapman about a new Contract with America, proposed by some members of congress. Apparently the budget deficit is enormous, presumably the fault of those liberals. Except wait, the last time we had a Democratic President, weren't we doing a lot better in regards to fiscal prudence? And haven't Republicans been in charge for most of the last 6 years? If they were so concerned about this problem, why haven't they done something about it?

Perhaps what Chapman and these congress people are trying to do is draw a distinction between Conservatism and the policies of the last few years. If so, I don't wish them any luck.

No comments: