Thursday, March 02, 2006

This is Humor!

Burt Pretlusky, a humorist (according to Townhall), has written an article on one of the big problems with liberalism. According to him, we have annoying voices.
For years, I've hated listening to the infantile blathering of America's leftists.

. . . However, not too long ago, I had an epiphany. It's not just that the liberals are annoying because of what they say, but because of the way they say it. Have you listened to Al Gore lately? He's as loud as a pneumatic drill. And you would think that after his meltdown following the Iowa primary, Howard Dean would tone it down a notch. Instead, he's revved up the noise level until he sounds like a chimpanzee on speed.
Articles like these make me wonder how long it will be before my conservative acquaintances push me down and take my lunch money.

This sort of prose is only funny if you accept that Liberals are intrinsically hateful and worth laughing at. Fortunately for Mr. Pretlusky, there are plenty of conservatives who find liberals hateful and worth laughing at.

Incidentally, for those of you who want to get even more annoyed with Mr. Pretlusky, you should check out what he says about Liberal Women (particularly Hillary Clinton and, that old standby, Jane Fonda.

My voice, incidentally, is kind of nasal and annoying. But I know plenty of liberals who have very pleasant voices.

No comments: