Thursday, March 23, 2006

Top 17

I was in a four hour meeting today, and I am on the road. So I will write my continuing analysis of V for Vendetta in the morning. In the mean time, in said music, I made a CD to listen to on the drive back home. I am surprised at how generally positive it turned out. I did it quick, not really putting much attention to how it fit together. But apparently I am in a good mood, or, at least, in the mood to listen to upbeat songs.

1. Aphex Twin, "Polynominal-C"
2. Radiohead, "Everything in it's Right Place"
3. Underworld, "Two Months Off (Radio Edit)"
4. Beanfield, "The Season (Swag Remix)
5. Telepopmusik, "Dance Me"
6. Kaskade, "Still Still Still" - A Christmas song.
7. Mint Royale, "Don't Falter"
8. The Chemical Brothers, "Leave Home"
9. Self, "Shame"
10. BT, "The Revolution"
11. Orbital Featuring David Gray, "Illuminate (Short Version)"
12. Mr. Scruff, "Get a Move On (Radio Edit)"
13. Bjork, "Alarm Call (Potage du Jour)
14. New Order, "Fine Time (Silk Mix)"
15. Fatboy Slim, "Sunset (Bird of Prey)"
16. Shirley Bassey, "Easy Thing to Do (Nightmares on Wax Mix)"
17. 808 State, "Pacific 707"

Now Self's cover of Shame is upbeat sounding, but the words are downbeat ("It all seems so stupid it makes me want to give up, but why should I give up, when it all seems so stupid?". And I don't remember what Illuminate is supposed to be about. On the other hand the Underworld, Beanfield, Mint Royale, and Bjork tracks are very upbeat, and the Shirley Bassey and Kaskade tracks are also positive if a bit more peaceful about it.

No comments: