Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Muslim Menace

In case you had forgotten, we are at war with Islam . . . er, Militant Islam. And they are a greater threat than Communism or Nazism. I know that cause I read the title to Dennis Prager's latest article, "The Islamic threat is greater than German and Soviet threats were."
Only four types of individuals can deny the threat to civilization posed by the violence-supporting segment of Islam: the willfully naive, America-haters, Jew-haters and those afraid to confront evil.
Interesting. I wonder how many Mr. Prager would put in each box. I also wonder if I'm willfully naive, an America-Hater or afraid of confronting evil. I wonder if those who are willfully naive might also be afraid to confront evil. I mean maybe that plays into their willingness to be naive.

At any rate, I do recognize that Islamic terrorism is a threat, but I doubt that I recognize it to the level Dennis Prager requires. In reading his previous columns, I've gotten the impression that Prager, like many conservatives, assumes that if you don't support his and President Bush's particular responses to Islamic terrorism, you must not be opposed to it at all.

No comments: