Thursday, November 24, 2005

Gratitude

"Gratitude is born in hearts that take time to count up past mercies."- Charles E. Jefferson

Something to consider on Turkey day.

I made a turkey for the first time and it turned out surprisingly good. Fairly moist. My only problem is that I am not so good at the carving of the turkey; so it ended up looking like something from, well, a movie with really poorly carved meet. Anyway I am reasonably satisfied, despite the fact that cooking said turkey and having it ready by noon required a wake up time of 3:30 (to get turkey out of fridge) and 5:10 (to prep turkey and put in oven). The stuffing turned out reasonably well. I screwed up the gravy; it's not the best. But it's not the worst either, so I suppose you have to take what you can get.

Actually I might use the gravy to make some Bangers and Mash. It might work well for that.

Anyway have a Happy Thanksgiving all!

No comments: