Friday, May 12, 2006

Ann Coulter

I skipped Ann Coulter's article this week; just missed it. Now that I've read it I'm not sure whether that was a good move or a bad move. Over all it's laughing at and attack Patrick Kennedy's bad behavior while exonerating Rush Limbaugh for his. But then you get to this section.
Democrats have declared war against Republicans, and Republicans are wandering around like a bunch of ninny Neville Chamberlains, congratulating themselves on their excellent behavior. They'll have some terrific stories about their Gandhi-like passivity to share while sitting in cells at Guantanamo after Hillary is elected.

For a political party that grasps the concept of victory against foreign enemies, Republicans can't seem to grasp that concept when it comes to domestic enemies. Instead of taking a page from Sun-tzu's "Art of War," when it comes to fighting liberals, American conservatives prefer the Jimmy Carter unconditional surrender strategy.

Patriotic Americans don't have to become dangerous psychotics like liberals, but they could at least act like men.

. . . The violence and threats of imprisonment have started. Now the only question is whether conservatives will choose victory.
I really don't know what to say to that - I have such a visceral and emotional response to these lines that it's hard to boil it all down to a calm reasoned argument.

Part of me is amused and angered by the apocalyptic way she describes Liberals. After her and her cause has spewed hatred for a number of years now, pretty much constantly, she argues that we are the dangerous psychotics. Yeah, that's liberals to a T.

Or wait, is it that we are all weak willed girly-men who can't be trusted? I get so confused some times. Maybe we are psychotic girley-men?

Dangerous psychotics. I wonder exactly who Ann is talking about when she says that. Harry Reid? Michael Moore? Me? All of the above?

Another part of me agrees with her. If she and her kind want war, than me and my kind should respond in kind. We should show them that Liberals can be just as "manly" as conservatives (in this context, the phrase "Manly" means "Like an asshole"). If any conservatives want to "throw down," I'll be there. I'll even wear a blue bandera so you can recognize me.

I mean how can I have peace with people who think I'm a "dangerous psychotic?" The logic of that phrase is unacceptable. You don't negotiate with "dangerous psychotics." You lock them up or put them down. Those are pretty much your only options. So is that the future Ann envisions for Liberals?

No, because this is all "satire." I hate that. I remember when I was in college reading the Limbaugh Letter (my roommate had a subscription) and reading a hateful piece about us Democrats. The answer? Rush was just joking. He was being humorous. So here's some satire for you. Ann Coulter is a dangerous psychotic and anybody who employs her, broadcasts her, or even reads her is a moral failure. Ha ha ha ha ha. Get it? I'm just joking. Cause it's satire.

God, I'm funny.

Anyway to conclude, and in all seriousness, Ann Coulter wants to destroy America. She wants to change America so radically that it would no longer be America (in the same way that someone who wishes to impose a Communist state on America wants to destroy it). Perhaps I should put my faith in the American people to see through her; but that doesn't mean I can't help the American people in my own little way to see through her.

So look around at the Liberals you know. If Ann and her followers get their way, they will be gone eventually.

Edited to Add:Both Echidne of the Snakes and Orcinus have good posts on this subject. Go read them.

No comments: