Friday, February 17, 2006

Sedition Begins at Home

Or, to be more precise, the persecution of people for expressing the wrong opinions, begins at home.

I know that many of my readers take Ben Shapiro (and Ann Coulter and Cal Thomas and so on) as a joke. I myself found his latest article, calling for Al Gore, Howard Dean, and John Kerry to be tried for Sedition, more humorous than threatening. But perhaps I spoke too soon.

Natalie Davis at All Facts and Opinions has a piece on a woman in Albequerque who was investigated by her employer (the Veteran's Administration) for writing a letter to the editor criticizing the Bush handling of hurricane Katrina. And what was she investigated for? Sedition.

Yeah, this was probably some over-zealous administrator. But it's starting to add up, you know what I mean?

Anyway go read Ms. Davis's review of the situation - very well done, and she makes some important points.

No comments: