Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hey I didn't write the rules

Kathleen Parker's latest article is the normal sort of drivel you would expect from someone with a uterus. As you know women are catty creatures, focused solely on personal appearances, and Kathleen Parker certainly lives up to that in her comments on John Edwards.
But vanity is of another order, especially -- and perhaps unfairly -- when it comes to men.

Women get a pass for indulging their vanity, mostly because men appreciate the effort and applaud the result.

But we want men to be unaware of their attractiveness. Fairly or not, vanity is deemed unmanly.

Don't look at me. I didn't write the rules. But I do know them. Women don't trust men who spend more time in the bathroom than they do. And men don't trust men who primp.
So you see that Kathleen Parker is just another typical female, flighty and scatterbrained; focused only on specialities.

Hey I didn't write the rules. Wait - they aren't really rules are they? The more I think about it they are vague and crap stereotypes, at best. Many women are bright, smart, articulate, creative, and trying to make the world a better place. Maybe I should abandon my sexist point of view (which hopefully I have just adopted to write this article) and try to see individuals as individuals rather than as genders.

Maybe Kathleen Parker should consider doing the same, rather than throwing up her rhetorical hands and saying "Hey I didn't write the rules."

No comments: