Monday, March 05, 2007

Adventures in Poor Wording

Continuing the theme from the last post, if you visit Marvel comic's website they have a section on forthcoming events (now the Civil War is over). One of the big ones coming up is "World War Hulk" in which the Hulk comes back to earth after having been shot off to another planet. Apparently Hulk is angry. Anyway Marvel had a panel discussing many of the upcoming spinoffs from this event, including a Hulk/X-Men meet up entitled "Colossus goes back to being dead" (I'm joking) and a villains book by Frank Tieri.
WWH Gamma Corps is, according to writer Frank Tieri, a villain book. Tieri's bringing back General Riker. He's back and he wants to save his wife's life and wants to bring down hulk. Tieri cursed a lot when describing the book and everyone got wrapped up in the enthusiasm. Maybe this will be the break-out book?
If I cursed more would you get wrapped up in my enthusiasm? Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.

I'm sorry I can't stop laughing, particularly when you consider that Marvel apparently meant to put that out (I mean it's from their website). This is what they want you to know about Frank Tieri's pitch. He cursed a lot when describing the book, and his cursing was apparently infectiously enthusiastic.

I just can't add anything to that.

No comments: