Friday, March 25, 2005

Around the Horn and the Process (part IV?)

Before we do the Process, let's mention that In Search of Telford has been added to the blog roll over to the right there. Enjoy. I will say that Telford is a word that seems to cry out for me to add in additional unnecessary letters.

OK, to the Process of putting together an "Around the Horn" post. Some bloggers, Bark Bark Woof Woof notably, do blog-a-rounds of the entire Liberal Coalition. I salute them, but I don't think that would work for me. Because I'm somewhat lazy, and also because I'm too talkative. And also because I really enjoy consistency. I want to be able to do a blog-a-round every week, and if I did the entire liberal coalition I simply wouldn't actually do it.

So I've decided to do smaller blog-a-rounds, usually between 8 and 11 websites at a time. This also affords me the opportunity to comment on the posts a bit more than I might if I was doing the entire liberal coalition. In order to ensure that I don't miss any members of the Liberal Coalition, I have a Excel Spreadsheet (entitled, for reasons passing understanding, "Liberal Coalition Jonses") to keep track of how many hits each blog has received from me. For those curious Echidne of the Snakes has received the most hits from me with 18, and In Search of Telford has received the fewest with 2 (including today's). But of course In Search of Telford has the lowest amount of hits because it's new to the list.

Anyway on to this weeks selection of links.

In picking a link from a website, you always start at the top and go down--which means a lot of the time the top story is the one you link to. Just the way it goes. You generally read down until you find something you like and if the first story is something you like, well, that's the one that you use.

And Then . . . has some good commentary on recent attempts by the Bush Administration to blur the difference between government propaganda and the evening news.

blogAmy has a story on stuff that happened over the weekend that may not have been reported in any great detail.

For those interested in Comic Books, Chris "Lefty" Brown has a post on a recent event put together by Warren Ellis on the future of Comic Books.

Collective Sigh has an interesting theory on why President Bush seems to be bouncing around a little bit more than normally.

Dohiyi Mir has the word on the top 20 Monty Python Sketches. He would add the Australian Bruces sketch, which I agree with. I would also add the Election Returns ("May I just say that this is the last time I will ever be on television?"), How not to Be Seen, and The Science Fiction Sketch.

The Gamer's Nook has an interesting poem / song up. I guess it's a song, but it reads like a poem. Might look it up on Rhapsody later if I can.

Rooks Rant has a section on how the war in Iraq has been reported. Or misreported as the case might be.

Trish Wilson's Blog has the news that apparently we are crazier than other parts of the world. Not sure what to think about that.

And that's it for another week. I'll be back later with some stuff about something. Hooray!

No comments: