Thursday, March 24, 2005

Another Voice

I hate to bring up Terri Schiavo, but popular libertarian radio host Neal Boortz wrote on this issue today, taking a somewhat different tack than his fellows on the right.
As Rush opens the hour he has a question; a question for “you liberals.” He wants to know “Why do you want Terri Schiavo to die?”

. . . I want Terri Schiavo to die because I believe she’s earned it.

I don’t view death as the end of the journey of a human soul. I view it as a transition. The God I believe in would not waste the total life experiences of a man or woman made in his image on a total and complete death; a dead end, if you will, with nothing to follow. I cannot believe that it is God’s plan that the life experiences of a man; wisdom gained, lessons learned and love experienced, should, upon death, disappear as if they never were. I believe that there’s something to follow the life we know on this earth; and I believe that most of the people fighting to keep the body of Terri Schiavo alive feel the same way.
A worthwhile article to check out, and at any rate it puts a little bit of a wrench in the argument that Liberals want death / Conservatives want life argument that some on the right are trying to make.

No comments: