Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Fascism - It's not Just for Blogs Anymore

The New York Times posted stories about the Bush Administrations monitoring of bank accounts this last weekend. This naturally upset President Bush's many supporters, some of whom have called for some sane and practical solutions, like Captain Ed at Hyscience.
Just a few quick comments about what the New York Times, The L.A. Times, and the Wall Street Journal have done in divulging government secrets used to defend Americans against our terrorist enemy during a time of war.

The Rosenbergs where executed for a lot less - conspiracy to commit espionage for helping the Soviet Union steal the secrets to the atomic bomb from the United States during World War II.

Wouldn't executing Risen, Lichtblau, and Keller for treason (along with the person or persons responsible for leaking the government secrets) bring with it the ancillary benefit of encouraging other journalists and editors to find more socially beneficial ways to win a Pulitzer Prize and government leakers other ways of carrying out their leftwing Democratic party-supporting political agenda?

. . . Now that I've had input from some of our friends that live on the outer fringes of reality, and a little time to think about my not-so-subtle comment about "executing" Risen, Lichtblau, and Keller for treason, I'd like to slightly amend my suggestion - the SOBs deserve to be shot at sunrise - without a trial. What they did, they did intentionally, after having been warned by both the President of the United States and members of Congress of it's affect on specific sources and methods our nation uses to prevent our enemies from killing us.
Thank you. Yes you can see that Blog-O-Fascism is really making waves out there.

Well here at Make me a Commentator!!!, I certainly don't want to be accused of being a fascist-come-lately. So I am calling for the execution of Captain Ed for conspiracy to commit murder. And, as I think about it, I don't think we need to waste the expense of a trial. All good citizens of Make Me a Commentator!!! realize the guilt of Captain Ed. So just have him shot at sunrise, without the benefit of a trial.

For those of you who are satire impaired, I want to make sure you know that know that I am being mildly satirical. But, just to be safe, I am ordering you to ignore my fascist decree regarding the execution of Captain Ed.

No comments: