Friday, April 18, 2003

Driving around at Lunch

As many of you know, I live in Florida. And so as I am driving around, listening to the radio, I am subjected occasionally to the following message, more or less.

"You know, here in Florida, things are home spun and folksy. And also we rely on Orange Juice. Money from the sale of Orange Juice does everything from pay taxes to make the sun come up in the morning. So if you want our state to be successful, you'd better drink Orange Juice, or else."

I wonder if other states have this? Are citizens in Wisconsin encouraged to eat cheese for the sake of the children? Or New Mexicans encouraged to fill their shopping carts with Salsa?

At any rate, although I have not drunk orange juice in many a year, I promise to go buy some orange juice and drink at least one glass of it.

By the way, does anybody know what cures scurvey?

In other news, drove past an office of the local tax collection authority with a sign in the window. "No Loitering." People who loiter near tax collection agencies sort of are their own reward.

No comments: