Thursday, March 04, 2004

Well this is a Busy Day

For those who don't know it, apparently while in Canada, Oklahoma Congressman Tom Cole compared those who would vote against President Bush to voting for Hitler during World War 2. Well, apparently those comments are not exactly accurate and Mr. Joshua Michah Marshall, of Talking Points, has the whole story.

Not sure Mr. Cole comes off all that much better in this version.

Also since Kerry is the nominee at this point, and also a fellow member of Congress . . . don't Republicans have some kind of hangup about criticizing the United States while on foreign soil? Or does that just apply when Democrats do it?

A bonus quote. "When I am abroad, I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the government of my own country. I make up for lost time when I come home - Sir Winston Churchill.

No comments: