Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Down with Up!

Having a hard time working up much enthusiasm these days, but I did want to flag this up. Rush Limbaugh has been talking for three days on how much President Ahmadinejad sounds like Democrats.
Now, look, to me this is funny, but in all candor, he is regurgitating Democrat Party talking points -- not "liberal" talking points. He is reciting what he has heard said on the floor of the United States Senate by people like Dick Durbin, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, and people like Harry Reid -- and over in the House, Nancy Pelosi. If I were an elected official of this country and somebody like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, a state sponsor of terror, starts mimicking and reciting my talking points -- privately, I get mad. Privately, I get embarrassed. I don't know that the Democrats have that ability to be embarrassed by this.
This is a fun game for Rush to play, because it's so totally unfair and rigged. Democrats are critical of the Bush Administration; so are a lot of nasty people around the world. The only way for Democrats to avoid this "embarrassment" is to start supporting President Bush. Which works out well for Rush, I suppose.

Of course it also goes without saying that Rush's position on "Family Values" isn't that far off of Irans.

No comments: