Monday, November 22, 2004

Confusion Beats

I just noticed this in the comments section of my post on Tom Delay, and felt it required a more prominent place on my board.
YOU ARE WARNED

The following rule WILL BE enforced on this blog as is required of all DUers.

Troops Support will be faked.

We know you are a terrorist sympathizer, but you WILL NOT post such on this board.

Failure to obey this rule will result in dire consequences.

We required the same at DU and enforcement of this rule is now in effect at DU.
DU Link 1
DU Link 2
DU Link 3

You will see derSkinner has chosen to adopt this enforcement rather than face our wrath.

This will be your only warning.
Here's my dilemma; this mandates that I fake support for the troops. But I actually do support the troops. How can you fake something you actually have? Is that logically possible? Epistemologically possible?

I mean how can you pretend to believe something you actually believe?

For those who don't know I strongly support our troops. I have a brother who served in the Marines and a father who served in the Air Force. I have friends who will probably be in Afghanistan next year. If anything my respect and admiration for our troops is one thing that prompts me to be very critical of how President Bush has used them.

It goes without saying but I have no fear of the wrath the DU Wolverines, incidentally. It should be clear to all that they are bunch of losers with delusions of masculinity.

No comments: