Saturday, October 30, 2004

The Revolution

Just went and saw I Heart Huckabees. Good tonic to my agitation over the election. We are all connected and stuff.

So in retrospect my previous post might have a bit elevated. Not that anything I said was untrue (and I'm definately standing by the fact that Republicans are going to challange as many black voters as they can). But there are nicer ways to express oneself.

I am of course not the most elvated person out there. After all the Vice President has been going around talking about how voting for Kerry could lead, more or less directly, to the deaths of thousands of our fellow citizens. I don't know that anybody in the Kerry campaign has gone that far, but others have, suggesting that if Kerry doesn't win this election, this might be the last election we have.

The truth is whoever wins, life will probably go on more or less the same for most Americans (people in the middle east might notice a big difference). Which, I suppose, is its own kind of tragedy.

No comments: