Tuesday, October 26, 2004

The Other Side

One criticism that might be leveled against me is that I am in essence doing just what I'm complaining that Karl Rove and David Limbaugh are doing. I'm focusing on the negative in President Bush so as to point you away from the weaknesses of my candidate. Well that's not true; I encourage you all to find out more about John Kerry. I think he can stand up to the scrutiny. Now, granted, if you go to NewsMax for your information, well, you won't be getting much accurate information, and hence might not have a very accurate impression of the candidate. But if you go to John Kerry, read a few of his speeches, look at his proposals, well, that might give you a more favorable impression of him.

In that spirit I have collected my own review of John Kerry's stands on the issues. I did this a while back on the website, but decided to collect them and place them to the right there just under the original Candidate Review.

For those who don't remember, the Candidate Reviews were done in the Spring of this year to review where the Democratic Primary Candidates stood on the issues. I trimmed out all the Kerry quotes (mostly from his speeches) and put them together. So you can look at that, and now you can look at my review of Kerry's platform.

To conclude, here's the closing lines from a speech by John Kerry at Green Bay today.

I want a world where no American mother should have to lie awake at night worrying what tomorrow will bring -- whether her husband will be safe at work or her children will be safe at school the next day. No one should have to fear that students on a graduation trip to our nation's capitol or one of our greatest cities might be attacked. I ask for your help - Republicans and Democrats and Independents. Let's unite America to make our country safer.

Our hope - our determination - is nothing less than this: to live our lives confident that we are safe at home and secure in our world. That is a great issue in this campaign and that is the great victory I will fight for as your President.
Good sentiments. One week to go Senator Kerry.

No comments: