Thursday, October 28, 2004

2 Year Anniversary Spectacular - It Does You Good To Laugh

This is our second retrospective of the day, looking back at some of my more humorous posts. The problem with humorous posts is that the jokes are always a little funnier in my head than they are in execution. Plus of course, humor is subjective, what might be hilarious to me, might not be as funny to a reader. Still some of these must be at least a little funny to you. I hope.

There were a few runner ups in this section as well. Such as my expose on reverse Seven Up, which featured an appearance by Doogie my late little buddy (January 7, 2003). There was the music review that might provide a future name for this blog (October 13, 2003). And there was the time I threatened to punch all my readers in the face (but didn't actually do it) (March 18, 2004). To be totally fair I'd also need to include that Interview with Make Me a Commentator!!! but as it is already readily accessible there to the right, I decided not to.

And now for the top five.

5. May 3, 2003. This is a slightly scatological story involving a new apartment and . . . well I don't want to give away the joke.

4. May 18, 2003. Which was a good month for humor sort of. This is actually a picture of a moo cow which I photo shopped. I have done several impromptu art shows (most recently with pictures of lamps) based on photo shop. Not really humorous I suppose, although the cow is kind of funny looking.

3. October 23, 2003. On my trip to New York City I enjoyed spending time at the theatre and wrote a vaguely humorous post on it. It's pretty funny, but I could have tightened it up quite a bit.

2. January 21, 2003. I have access to the Wall Street Journal here at work, and I've been amused by what they put on the front on a slow news days several times. I really enjoyed finding out that Z is the new S, but this story, about Wolverine being inhuman, beat it out slightly.

1. October 26, 2003. So I'm funniest in May of 2003 and October of 2003. Weird how that works out. Anyway this is my modest proposal on public urination. Again I'm not sure how well it came off; I was really angry at the time about the idea that we shouldn't raise taxes on the wealthy because they figure out ways around them anyway. So this was my response.

Tune in later for five more favorites.

No comments: