Thursday, October 21, 2004

How vicious is vicious? How mean is mean?

This is a really obscure reference to the song "How Rapid?" by the Art of Noise off of their 1988 album, "In No Sense? Nonsense!" Just so you know.

It also refers to Ms. Ann Coulter. I came up with a great idea for today's column--since she so often tries to pass of her mean spirited senseless rants as "Humor" I would give her a taste of her own medicine. Ha ha ha. All I'd have to do is come up with some way to characterize that's sufficiently extreme so as to top her and beat her at her own game!

Well, I'm sure you can already see the flaw in that theory; I'm having a hard time coming up with anything. After all how do you match a statement like this?
This may be the first time in American history that the decisional calculus for many voters will be: Do I really want to throw my hat in with these crazy people?
But of course Ann Coulter isn't going to stop at just making crazy and unprovable assertions that make no sense. No she's also going to make assertions that are easily disproved.
John Kerry has called the war with Iraq "a huge mistake, a catastrophic mistake." He said it was no excuse that "Saddam might have done it 10 years from now" - use weapons of mass destruction against Americans, apparently. (New Kerry campaign slogan: "Let Radical Islamic Iraq Be Radical Islamic Iraq!")
I know that Neo-Crusaders like Ann would like to portray a unified Islamic society in the middle east. That makes it easier to justify their suggestion that we invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. But for those of us who live in the real world, Iraq, while certainly dangerous, was a secular state.

Anyway I just can't match her. I just don't have enough hate in me.

No comments: