Thursday, June 09, 2005

News from Albertsons

I'm shopping at Albertson's a lot right now, because they sent me some coupons and, due to my recent financial belt tightening, I am interested in coupons. But Albertsons has done something interesting. According to Talk Left and Crooks and Liars, an e-mail from James Dobson's Focus on the Family (Right wing Group) reports the following.
Albertsons Corporation agreed to accommodate its pharmacists' right to refuse to fill prescriptions that violate their religious or moral beliefs.
I have to admit that I am not that worked up about this particular issue. I probably should be, but I'm not.

What I am waiting for is for some clever pharmacist to refuse someone's medicine because the patient is a jerk. "Look, it violates my moral code to give insulin to jerks like that punk there. He cut me off in the parking lot three times! Three Times!! Not once, not twice, but thrice!!! Therefore I can't, in good conscience, provide him with insulin."

No comments: