Friday, September 17, 2004

That Darn Liberal Media!

Actually maybe that title is inappropriate since I'm dealing with "Fair and Balanced" Fox. Media Matters has an interesting sketch of Pat Caddell, who often appears on Fox News programs to provide the liberal or Democratic side. I mean you can't have balance unless you have a Conservative Guy and a Liberal Guy, right? Well Pat Caddell may not be really out there fighting for liberalism.

To use a sports analogy lets imagine a hockey game (I don't know much about it, but it's in my head). One side is at their bone crunching best, pounding the ice and making 900 mile an hour slap shots. The other team goes over and joins the first teams cheer leaders (not, as you might think, to flirt and hang out with cute chicks, but actually to join in cheering for the other side).

But since he describes himself as a liberal, I guess he is balanced enough for Fox News. By the way, when spell checking this piece, my program suggested Coddle as a good spelling fo Caddell. Coincidence?

No comments: