Friday, September 03, 2004

Round the Horn Part (2)2, Avast Ye Maties

Yep it's pirate day here at Make me a Commentator!!! You can't see me but I am in fact wearing a pirate outfit.

But first some serious notes.

Last weekend I thought I was pretty diligent at getting everybody in the Liberal Coalition, but I missed a few. I want to make sure to say that these were not left off for any reason other than my stupidity, they are both fine sites.

blogAmy has an interesting contrast between President Bush's attitudes in years previous and his attitudes this week.

All Facts and Opinions has some interesting information on global progress on woman's issues.

As for the other members I didn't link to last week, New World Blogger, who is a really fantastic bloggist handling international issues, hasn't updated her blog since July 15 unfortunately. Edwardpig went on hiatus on June 8, only returning once, and (I think) should also return to the world of blogging because he is quite good. T. Rex's Guide to Life has apparently had a very busy summer, but will possibly be returning soon, which would be nice, particularly with the election so close (he's very good with polls as I recall). Words on a Page has also gone on hiatus but don't know when it will be returning; hope it does.

I certainly understand the desire to walk away for a bit, but I don't know if I could without walking away (from this particular website) forever. I've thought about doing that, shutting it down and coming back in a couple of months in a new guise, but the feeling usually passes.

But on to the rest of Round the Horn, Special Pirate Version.

Avast ye maties, set sail to Musing's Musings for a missive on a letter President Bush used in his acceptance speech.

If ye would find buried treasure, seek out this reaction to President Bush's story at Iddybud,and turn left at the thing that looks like another thing.

Then you best be sailing to the fair port of Dohiyi Mir for a fascinating look at President Bush in the polls.

Only a scurvy dog would pass on the chance to read Bark Bark Wolf Wolf's response to Senator Kerry's response.

Grab a pint of grog, mosey up to the bar and read this article from Collective Sigh on the Bermuda triangle of John Kerry, The RNC, and the Weather Channel.

Top the mainsail and chart fair winds for rubber hose, where I spy a piece on elevating the discourse.

Draw cutlasses and charge to Steve Gilliard's News Blog for a piece on Zell Miller's melt down and Republican reactions to it.

And remember to check back here for next week, which will be Cowboy Week! Unless I forget.

No comments: