Monday, September 13, 2004

Guest Commentary

I'd like to welcome Irwin J. McIckleson, a person I just made up (any resemblance to people living or dead is strictly coincidental) to provide a special commentary.

Good morning. As a stereotypical 1910's plutocrat I have to say that reading some of the news of this strange future world turns my head. For example, I read a recent article in the Decatur Daily and I saw a very strange thing. An employee was challenging her employer.

According to this article, Ms. Lynne Gobbell is going to vote for Senator Kerry in the upcoming election, while her boss supports President Bush. What a terrible breech of employer-employee relations. I can tell you, in my day, our employees knew that we employers knew what is best for them, and acted accordingly. If this Mr. Phil Gaddis supports President Bush, than Ms. Gobbell, as a loyal employee, should simply support President Bush as well.

The idea of an employee being able to think for herself (and don't get me started on the whole idea of female employees, a subject I will return to at another time), it's madness. Society is structured in such a way that the superior people are able to open business and employ others. Employees are naturally inferior or else they would be employers.

Fortunately this Phil Gaddis is a man after my own heart. Realizing that Ms. Gobbell's free thinking could weaken proper employer-employee relations thoughout out his organization. He promptly fired the ungrateful employee. He then returned to explaining to his loyal employees that they had better be grateful for President Bush's tax cuts benefiting him so he could employ them. That is the spirit of the 1910's brought to the present.
We appreciate Mr. McIckleson's comments, and hope you have too.

No comments: