Monday, August 09, 2004

Laying My Cards on the Table - President Bush's Character

It's always tricky deciding whether to put the argument before the evidence or the evidence before the argument. If you but the argument first, particularly in a case like this where I'll build it over a number of posts, it will sound like a bit over the top. On the other hand if I provide the evidence first, some of it will sound nick-picky and some of it will sound mean spirited, and you don't really know how to put it all together.

In this case, however, I think the danger of you tuning my evidence out because of my argument is the lesser of two evils. It's not like you don't know that this argument is going to be Bush Bashing.

At any rate, here is my assessment of President Bush's Character. Life has taught him that his mistakes don't matter; reality protects him from the consequences of his errors. He has also become very certain of his positions and his ideas; to the point where other points of view are largely irrelevant. To me this is a dangerous combination.

But wait, you ask, how could come to such a nutty conclusion? Read on and find out. Well, read the posts I am posting after this post but which will appear closer to the top of the page.

No comments: