Saturday, March 08, 2003

Your Weekly Rush

Under the heading Illustrating Absurdity . . ., Rush discussed his support for the Sharpton candidacy. Sharpton appeared on Hannity and the wussiest liberal Fox could find this last week. Rush, commenting on that, says, "Colmes asks Sharpton, "You want Rush Limbaugh's endorsement?" to which Sharpton responds, "No, I didn't aks [sic] anyone like that endorsing me." Of course he didn't "aks" for it, but I gave it to him sincerely out of my desire to help the second black man to run for the Democrat nomination to succeed."

So Rush sincerely wants to see the Democrats run a divisive candidate like Sharpton? I suppose he does. And if there was a movement for the Democrats to run a water cooler against President Bush, I'm confident that Rush would support that issue to.

Does Rush "sincerely" believe that Sharpton would make a good president? Just curious.

What's damaging is the idea that Rush puts forth that somehow the Democratic party owes it to Sharpton to give him the nomination. Because the Democratic party believes itself the party of the black people apparently any black man who wants the Democratic nomination should be able to get it. If that makes sense, please contact me and explain it.

No comments: