Thursday, March 20, 2003

Protests in Tallahassee

For those curious, there was a downtown protest today in Tallahassee.



I went and talked among the crowds, (or three or four people, depending on how you look at it). Alex, one of the organizars, was tired from staying up all night making signs and a peace ball. Apparently the ball was 8 feet wide and 7 feet tall, but the police said they had to get rid of it. I asked him what he would say to the soldiers, and he said, "They're in a rough spot, they really are. I really feel for them. They have to carry out orders, that are really questionable." Most of the other protesters I talked to expressed similar sentiments.



The cops were on hand, but apart from two dogs who didn't get on so well, there was no violence or civil disobedience that I saw. Just people who don't agree with this war and are expressing their opinions. That is what America is all about.

No comments: