Monday, March 10, 2003

Brandy Chooses a Side!!!

So I have chosen a side!!!

The truth is, for me, it comes down to do I trust my President. This is a republic (as much as NPR wants to say we're a democracy...we are not, we elect officials and then THEY do the governing), so do I trust Pres. Bush to handle the position of safety of this nation? I closely listened to his press conference last night, and it comes down to -I DO trust him. I think he is handling this soberly, I think he is giving Iraq EVERY opportunity to disarm. I think he knows things we don't as to why he feels Saddam is a 'threat to our nation'.

As logical as I try to be, it comes down to a 'feeling' (kind of like you 'feeling/believing' that [President] Hickey is a prophet...there is no proof of that, you simply watch, listen, pray and then belive). Well, I've watched and listened and I 'belive' Bush takes it seriously when he says 'my job is to protect this nation, I take that seriously'.

So, if at the end of this Bush says we go to war -I back him.


For those unaware, President Gordon B. Hinckley is the Prophet and President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (commonly known as the Mormons), which church both Brandy and your humble narrator belong to.

No comments: