Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Do Democrats Love the Country?

The shocking answer, according to George McGovern, is yes. I guess he feels particularly strongly about this issue because he has been consistantly derided as less than patriotic.
First and foremost, I have believed since childhood that my country is the greatest nation on the face of the earth. Never once during my long years as a public servant did I drive down Pennsylvania Avenue to my office at the US Capitol--past the majestic memorials to George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln--without experiencing the genuine thrill of knowing that I worked for the US government and its citizens.
Interesting. It almost reads like George McGovern doesn't hate his country.

However my guess is that Republicans will respond to this article (if they respond at all) by pretending that McGovern must be guilty about something if he feels the urge to proclaim his patriotism so loudly.

No comments: