Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Nothing Going On

I just feel bad because I haven't posted much, but the truth is, nothing interests me today.

I'm sick of the Passion Controversy, such as it is. Like many controversies in the world of arts it just seems annoying. Gibson made a movie about the Death of Jesus Christ and he made it how he wanted to make it. Some people feel that it's too anti Semitic. You know what, even with that brief recap I'm already bored. What's funny to me is that I can name about 10 people who have defended and not that many who have attacked it. What's also funny is that it is basically being cast in the Liberals verses Christians story that Conservatives love. I have to say my Christianity isn't threatened because a Jewish person or organization (and it seems that most of the attacks on the movie have come from Jewish groups) feels that a movie made by a Christian is anti-Semitic. But, being a liberal, I suppose I'm not the right kind of Christian, anyway.

Let's also take a moment to comment that this is a Biblical film in Aramaic, described as very bloody. I wonder if the publicity from the controversy helped the movie or hurt it? Particularly since the Limbaugh Brothers and their allies have been selling the movie for months.

"The Passion" directs us to Christ's death so that we might understand the meaning of His life -- and ours. - David Limbaugh

Anyway to sum it all up; the controversy bores me, and I am not going to go see the movie. But I will be in Church on Sunday, and probably won't feel any additional guilt for not going to see it (if anything I'll feel guilty for stealing those Girl Scout Cookies from . . . Well better I don't go into any details).

To conclude, nothings going on.

No comments: