Saturday, December 20, 2003

Your Weekly Rush - Just so you know

"I have empathy, my friends, that's one of the primary ingredients for success at doing this, and I can hear some of you saying, ‘He's changed since he got back.’ Of course, I don't think I've changed at all . . . "

"I'm telling you folks, my program today is what it has always been, and tomorrow it's going to be what it has always been: irreverence and the serious discussion of issues in one package, with credibility on both sides, but even the humor and irreverence has a point."

"I'm just saying, folks, that there are so many things on this program, you think it's changed and it hasn't, and I don't want to get defensive about this, I really don't because I don't have any reason to be defensive, and those of you that are saying the program's changed, I don't think your perspective is correct here."

"So, I mean, feel free to call, don't misunderstand, but I mean this notion that the program is different, it's not. It's impossible to be different."

"You know, this is the way I look at it, my friends. I'm not trying to diminish you, but there's a reason you are listeners and I am host. And it always has been. There are countless of them. Now, you must know that I am very solid in my self-esteem."

"Well, I'm not defensive, of course - but I do want to play some best of shows to go on the offense. I mean, you people are complaining that "he's just different since he got back," but you're still listening and I know it."

Just so you know it, Rush Limbaugh has not changed since he got back, he's not defensive, and his fans are stupid if they think that he's changed.

No comments: