Friday, February 28, 2003

Pay no Attention to the Interview Behind the Curtain

"So just what is newsworthy about getting him [Saddam Hussein] to sit down for a one-on-one interview? Did the executives at CBS expect him to announce his hopes for a career in professional baseball? Did they suppose he'd hand over his weapons of mass destruction to Dan Rather personally?"
Mona Charen

"And in a quest for higher ratings, network anchors continue their efforts to make Saddam appear credible. Last week, Dan Rather of CBS deadpanned the dictator about whether he really wanted to debate President George W. Bush on live TV. "I'm not joking," Saddam explained. "This is because of my respect for the American public opinion." And they call this "news"?"
Oliver North

Yep, Saddam Hussein had an interview with Dan Rather, and it's not news. You heard it hear first. For those who watched, i'm sorry, but Oliver North and Mona Charen (and others) have decided that it's just not worthy of your time. I mean it's not like there's any attention focused on Iraq right now. It's just bizarre that CBS would allow an interview with such an un-newsworthy charectar, let alone seek one out.

I have to admit I didn't watch it--I don't know when it was supposed to air.

In other news, on the road tomorrow--so no updates, but feel free to read my archives. Lots of funny stuff there.

No comments: