Saturday, September 09, 2006

The New Stalinism

I don't know whether or not the ABC movie has been tanked or not - there were rumors yesterday, notably in variety, that it was on the road to cancellation. I hope it is not cancelled. I don't think much of it - it strikes me as simple minded propaganda, but seeing it knocked off the air would not be good either morally or practically.

Practically it makes us the story instead of this simple minded propaganda. Take this example from Rush Limbaugh.
If you want to think about a conspiracy to deny the truth and to present a lie, take a look at the willing accomplices in the Democratic Party, the criminal justice system, and the Drive-By Media. And now you've got these Stalinists in the Democratic Party threatening ABC's broadcast licenses.
That's the story. I don't think it is accurate; but there it is.

I don't think the show will actually be cancelled, but we'll have to see.

No comments: