Friday, April 09, 2004

Your Weekly Rush; Maybe I Spoke too Soon

Last week I wrote an article on the unique world view of the Limbaugh Conservative, in which I commented that, among other things, Limbaugh Conservatives have total disdain for the moderate or centrist. I then foolishly commented something to the effect that Rush would obviously downplay his attacks on moderates in an election year.

You know sometimes we bloggers don't get everything right, and I just want to take a moment to apologize for incorrectly assessing Rush Limbaugh's temperament. As it turns out, yesterday he did take the opportunity to slam into moderates.

"This confirms what I've always said. You independents and moderates are a bunch of frauds. You're probably the ones buying Clarke's book."

So you see, anybody who is not already in the conservative camp, you might as well join us Democrats and Liberals. I mean Rush doesn't want you. Certainly anybody interested in what Richard Clarke, a man who was Terrorism Czar for many years, has to say is not welcome in the party of Rush Limbaugh. How I wish President Bush would invite Rush to express this unique viewpoint at the Republican Convention.

But I suppose that's not very likely.

No comments: