Saturday, April 03, 2004

The Library of Congress

I'm a big proponent of taking your money (in the form of taxes) and spending it on preserving our natural heritage. So naturally I'm a fan of the Library of Congress. But being the generous person I am, I'd also like to point out to you that there's this website, called The American Memory that is really cool, and is part of the Library of Congress. Well worth checking out.

And in that spirit, here's my little quiz for the day. Below are five pictures from the American Memory site, taken somewhere between 1880 and 1910, I think, from five well known American Cities. The cities are Los Angeles, El Paso, Boston, Atlantic City, and New York. Can you match up the city to the picture taken over a hundred years ago (maybe)? Answers will be in the comments section below. Enjoy!









No comments: