Sunday, November 30, 2003

Scenes from the Old Place

I decided not to get all morose on you, but to keep my feelings bottled up inside. But I did come across one thing I saw in my home town I'd like to share.



Get that? The original pancake house is in Yorba Linda, CA. Before that pancake house, nobody else had the idea to have a pancake house. It was a whole new concept.

You know what would make this joke even better? If it was a chain.

Also caught a bit of Senator Tom Daschle promoting his book on C-Span. What a miserable performance. First of all, he basically let the Republicans off the hook for trashing the Wellstone Memorial. Essentially he agreed with them, that it was a dispicable performance. Then he said words to the effect that he spends hours looking at his phone before calling the majority leader and apoligizing or clarifying his position. Not very good.

No comments: