Friday, November 28, 2003

Another Well Thought Out Scheme

Well, it's been a while since I used this title (I think it was last used for the brilliant scheme of giving the Statue of Liberty back to France).

Well the latest scheme is replacing FDR with Ronald Reagen on the Dime. According to the Fort Wayne Journal (I think), Rep. Mark Souder (R) wants to make the big switch. "This is time for us to make a statement, right now, because we feel Ronald Reagan's been unfairly trashed referring to the cancelled CBS mini series. So not only did we have to cancel that series now we need to get rid of FDR on the dime?

But of course what Mr. Souder would hope is that we, as a nation, reevaluate FDR's legacy and decide that Reagans was more important. Well, I don't agree with that interpretation, and I'm not sure how many do.

No comments: