Wednesday, November 26, 2003

I'm on the road

I'm in Southern California, which is where I grew up. I grew up in Yorba Linda but I'm in Riverside. You get the idea.

Yorba Linda was the birthplace of Richard Nixon a great man brought low by his own paranoia and stupidity. It'd be nice to say that politics surrounded me growing up, but if it did, I didn't notice it much. Oh, I had talks about racism with some co-workers, and some discussions of politics with my Dad.

Drove in from the Airport listening to Pearl Jam's latest (A collection of B-Sides and rare tracks called "Lost Dogs" that is excellent in my book). I was struck by a faint surreality, looking up at the brown sky, and down at the crowded highways. Pearl Jam seems like such a part of my life now (which I admit is a little embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as the fact that the Pet Shop Boys are a part of my life too), but they didn't release their first album until after I had left California.

Anyway look forward to lots of reminences over the next couple of days. And maybe some pictures.

No comments: