Wednesday, October 01, 2008

If Sarah Palin Can't Answer Tough Questions, well, Blame the Tough Questions

Or so seems to be the tack some Republicans are taking. Hugh Hewitt has an interview with Sarah Palin in which he asks the following question.
Hewitt: Now governor, the Gibson and the Couric interview struck many as sort of pop quizzes designed to embarrass you as opposed to interviews. Do you share that opinion?

Palin: Well, I have a degree in journalism also, so it surprises me that so much has changed since I received my education in journalistic ethics all those years ago. But I’m not going to pick a fight with those who buy ink by the barrelful. I’m going to take those shots and those pop quizzes and just say, “That’s okay.”
That's okay? What a bizarre response.

But it is nice to see that Palin agrees with her supporters who think she's getting a bum deal. We've already covered (here and here) the bizarre assertion that there's no such thing as a "Bush Doctrine." And the question she flubbed so terribly in the Couric interview? Why don't we put $700 Billion "helping middle class families" instead of helping these big financial institutions. Considering the state of the economy, this is a question Sarah Palin should have been ready to answer. And she sounded like a moron.

So I'm not sure how that's Courics fault. But I totally get why they want to blame the media rather than facing up to how badly she flubbed her questions.

No comments: