Friday, September 09, 2005

Rebuilding New Orleans

A lot of people have pointed to an article in the Wall Street Journal yesterday that commented on how the wealthy of New Orleans are doing. Apparently they are doing fine. People like Jimmy Reiss, descendent of an old line New Orleans family, are well able to take care of themselves.

Mr. Reiss commented to the Wall Street Journal, "Those who want to see this city rebuilt want to see it done in a completely different way: demographically, geographically, and politically. I'm not just peaking for myself here. The way we've been living is not going to happen again or we're out."

I wonder how they want to change the city demographically? I mean that, to me, has a bit of an ominous ring to it. But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I can't link to the article, but it was a front page article that continued on page A12.

No comments: