Monday, September 12, 2005

Another Piece of the Puzzle

One of the issues I've been grappling with is how, given the massive incompetence of the Bush Administration in the face of Hurricane Katrina, people still continue to support him. One piece I already discussed; the fact that they are more focused on how much they dislike Liberals than they are on the President. According to Jinx, I am full of crap.

Another piece of the puzzle I've alluded to is this; Conservatives expect government to fail. They don't believe in the power of government to accomplish anything; so when the government fails in the face of Hurricane Katrina, they shrug their shoulders and say "It's tragic, but what do you expect?"

I don't know what they think about such events as the Normandy Invasion or the Apollo Program or the G.I. Bill.

I, on the other hand, believe that government can accomplish great things. So when the government fails so spectacularly; well, I'm upset. I want to see those leaders responsible held accountable. I'm not willing to just shrug and say, "Well that's the way the cookie crumbles."

No comments: